Friday, July 3, 2009

Murder at the farm

Michael and I went out to feed my dogs and tend to the chickens yesterday around 6pm. I noticed that Star (my dog) was loose. About that time Michael yelled that something had gotten the chickens! Well I instantly knew who it was. Star did it. I ran back to the chicken coop and all around were dead chickens. It looked like CSI. Bodies everywhere! Michael was very upset! We do have 2 hens, 1 rooster, and my duck left. I feel sorry for my little duck. He's already gone thru a snake attack and now a dog attack. Don't get me wrong I am upset too! I raised 14 baby chicks and now I only have one of them left. Who knew you could get so attached to chickens? Anyway, I'm mad at Star but I know she's just doing what animals do. It's just her animal instincts. She didn't even eat the chickens she just killed them for sport. Poor chickens. I know you're in chicken heaven somewhere. You will be missed! cluck cluck